Billie Eilish sheds layers during her concert

By Skylar Wolfe

Billie Eilish, known for wearing oversized clothing, showed a video at her concert of herself wearing only a bra while commenting on the way people judge women’s clothing choices, reported the New York Post.

The speech she delivered hits on several news values, including, prominence, novelty, and timeliness.

Firstly, Eilish’s following make her a prominent figure, which makes her speech worth covering.

Secondly, as the public often sees Eilish in oversized sweatsuits, it is unusual that she would show skin in public.

Most importantly, her comments on the public’s opinions on women’s clothing largely reflect attitudes of the “me too” movement.  

“If I wear what is comfortable, I am not a woman” Eilish said.  “If I shed the layers, I’m a slut.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Chinese Doctor Silenced for Coronavirus Warnings Dies

Outrage in Mexico over published photos of a mutilated woman